Saturday, August 6, 2011

I am Painted Red

 I am always on the lookout for new artists and I recently discovered JJ Heller. I first heard "What Love Really Means" on my local Christian radio station and I instantly fell in love with the lyrics and the sincerity that came through her vocals. That led me to purchase some of her albums. I must say, I was incredibly blown away by Painted Red.Most of the songs have simple melodies and straightforward lyrics.Although the lyrics are basic, they convey eternal truths and are emotionally based; JJ and her husband, David, wrote majority of the songs. Painted Red has an organic feel and her voice is very unique (angelic even).I find her music very calming, often I play it in the background when highlighting passages in the morning or listening to it when in heavy traffic. As much as I LOVE JJ Heller, her music is not for everyone. I would recommend listening to a few clips on iTunes or Amazon before purchasing. It is composed of 12 songs:
Save Me
Not Mine Anyway
Back Home
I Only Have One
You Ruin Me
You Would Love Me Too
True Things
Keep You Safe
Your Hands
Painted Red
I enjoy the entire CD but my favorites would have be All I Need, True things, Keep You Safe, Back Home, and Painted Red. I would recommend this if you are a fan of Jon Foreman's solo material (Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring)or Audrey Assad.
I hope this review was helpful-SwitchFit

No comments:

Post a Comment