Monday, August 8, 2011

Heaven IS for Real

First off, I did not want to like this book. I KNOW "Heaven is for Real," I've had no doubts about it. However, my father, an unbeliever, saw this book, read it and recommended that I read it. I'm sure you can see why I did. Now on to the review. I enjoyed the writing style of Todd Burpo, the little boy's father, it was conversational in tone. The chapters are incredibly short- so short that the book can be read in one day. The book feels very personal, it even contains some of the  Burpo's family photos in the center. I can see how for many people this book would reaffirm their faith, it is an AMAZING story.  If I only could say one thing about "Heaven is for Real," It would have to be that the author(s) convey God's love perfectly. My favorite parts included Colton's account of his miscarried sister, it reminded me of Tilly by Frank Peretti, Akiane Kramarik's Prince of Peace portrait of Jesus (She has visions from God and she was the child of atheists), and how Colton's parents respond to the questions from others regarding Colton's experience. Overall, I would  recommend this book,as it helps add detail and may provide answers to some question, but I would not base my faith on it. Return to The Bible, it will give you the comfort and the answers that you seek.
This book was made available to me for free by Booksneeze/Thomas Nelson
-I hope this review was helpful, SwitchFit.


No comments:

Post a Comment